Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:34:44 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/02 5:56:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mikevtaylor@comcast.net writes:

> SM is also a very popular class in Detroit, where I autocross. I am
> disappointed to hear that SM2 is possibly on the chopping block.

SM2 is not on the chopping block.  '02 is the first year for SM2 as a
Regional class, and they will compete with E/Mod at the Nationals this year.
If they have 18 or more entrants they will be scored separately.  This is the
same offer made to other Regional classes that SCCA embraces.  Look at SM.
We've had National Champions in SM for the past 2 years...

F125 has never achieved the popularity that SCCA expected.  Yes, it is in
jeopardy...  I'm guessing that the Regions that have a lot of F125s are few
and far between...

Charlie Davis
NPDiv SEB representative