Re: New CHP Camaros

To: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>, "Teamdotnet"
Subject: Re: New CHP Camaros
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:22:44 -0700
> CHP just took delivery of a fleet of some 75 new white Camaros,
> with
> "stealth" light bars only 2" tall - the report (which I assume
> came straight
> from a CHP press release) said this was because they knew
> speeders could
> spot the other cars too easily.

Yep, saw them on the local news. Plain white except for the logo on the door
and very low light bar.  I find it interesting that they want to make them
less easy to spot.  You'd like to believe they want to just slow people
down, which is best done by high visability.  This shows they are more
interested in catching and punishing (read generating income).  I know I
slow down if I just catch a car out of the corner of my eye that happens to
be dark color with a replacement door that is some other light color.  Maybe
I'm wrong, but I would guess most people who drive fast will return to their
same habits in a short time after getting a ticket.  If they really just
wanted to slow people down, they could issue "black & whites" (with no light
bars, etc.) to all government employees.  Just think how much slower traffic
would flow if the highways were flooded with them and you never knew till
you go up close if it was real or not.

Rick Brown
BM \ D Sports Racer