Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:50:26 -0400
> So, to summarize, at my local autocross club, SM2 & F125 have posted more
> entries than four stock classes, four street prepared classes, *all*
prepared
> classes, and *all* other modified classes, yet as I understand it, both
SM2 &
> F125 are on the Solo 2 chopping block as far as the SCCA is concerned.
Does
> this confuse anyone other than me?

I can't speak to F125, but SM2 is not on the chopping block... yet.  Since
the National office makes rules with National Events in mind, the
participation numbers that really count are National participation numbers.
The regions are free to do what they want (i.e., run SM2 even if it dies),
so the real concern is what happens at big events.  So far, SM2 hasn't shown
huge turnouts at National events.  It isn't horrible, just not as large as
many expected.  The best advice I can give you or anyone else who hopes to
see these classes remain is to get out to National events and run them.

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!