Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)

To: Stefanv@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:21:07 -0500
To re-iterate what someone has already said, I would hope to see this as
National event classing rules only.  To do this at the regional level would
IMO be insane.  Maybe that adds a layer of complexity no one is willing to
deal with.  (Two class lists?)  Of course regions are free to do what they
want anyway, so I just don't see many regions enforcing this classing
structure if it were enacted.

> As someone who has never owned a new car... nor do I see myself owning a new
> car anytime in the forseeable future... this suggestion simply FEELS like
> elitism and exclusionism.  It feels that way, whether it is or not.  You
> don't like me playing at your country club, make a rule that makes it near
> impossible for me to do so.
>
> My newest vehicle (and not the one I autocross) is a 1994 model and I've not
> yet owned it for a year.  The car I currently autox (albeit not in stock
> class) is a '68.  Only two years ago I was autocrossingin stock class (and
> doing reasonably well locally) with an '86.
>
> -STEFAN
> http://www.at-speed.goof.com

> ///  Partial archives at http://www.team.net/archive
> ///  Send list postings to autox@autox.team.net