Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)

To: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)
From: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 23:17:41 -0700
On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 10:49 , Randy Noll wrote:
> Set that 10-year rule into effect and you'll have more people fired up
> than you would if you put the Z06 on the exclusion list. 53 drivers
> signed up for last year's CS nationals. All but 8 would not be invited
> back this year if they didn't buy a new car. Every one of them would
> not be invited in 2003. You would outright kill the stock class that
> arguably has the most consistent, and competitive (0.904 seconds
> separated the top 14 last year) subscription rate... this is one of
> many classes that would be effected...

You miss the point.  How many of those people HAVE that particular car
just because it is presently the car for the class?  How many would be
changing cars within three years anyway if the classifications changed
IN ANY WAY such that their car was no longer "competitive"?  Now, for
the people LEFT, for how many is the depreciation cost of trading up a
significant percentage of their autocross budget for tires, travel, and
entries?  Remember, we're talking nationals.  That small, small group is
the one whose ox is actually being gored.

KeS

('93 Miata)