Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <Stefanv@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:42:26 -0400
One final word and I will shut up.

Having two structures for National and Regional SOLO II will drive the SCCA
out of the grassroots autocross business. In our area we are coming under
increasing pressure from NASA. Their rules are easier to understand; overall
membership costs and event costs are the same or lower; they are friendlier
to newbies; they attract a younger audience.

Once you cast off National level competition as being separate from regional
events; the regions' rules become a tower of babel. Each region has
different rules; there is NO uniformity and the advantages (other than event
insurance) of a National organization become moot.

NASA is more appealing to grassroots, non-national competitors now. Make it
so there is no direct path from regional to National level competition and
NASA wins.

Regards,
Alan