Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)

To: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)
From: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
> You miss the point.

No, the point is people are talking about a blanket rule to "fix" a
"problem" that can easily be dealt with by the SEB (and is in many
ways) in how they class cars. This allows for subjectivity and the
ability to address this issue in classes where it might be an issue,
and leave classes that are perfectly fine alone.

So why not make an argument within a class where a single, rare car
with some specs that were somehow lost in the black hole of
information, that everyone thinks is illegal but can't prove for
whatever reason, that parts are a nightmare to get, and that only one
guy who's an absolute horrid driver happens to have and wins nationals
because his car is so far superior to everyone else's... make an
argument that this car should not be classed as it is and make it a
gross underdog somewhere else. Problem solved.

Why try and fix this "problem" by annihilating complete classes and
excluding people who don't have a huge budget? I got into this hobby
(HOBBY!) because i was able to take out my FWD '88 Corolla GTS and
compete in a Stock class against other cars. I'm still very into this
hobby because with a little money saved I could sell my Corolla and buy
a nationally competitive car.

Or do we want this to turn into a country club and exclude good drivers
with low budgets from having a shot at a championship in a HOBBY they
love.

Randy N
http://health.yahoo.com