Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)
From: Stefanv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:26:23 EDT
OK, thanks for clearing up some of the motivations behind this idea.

I can't say as I agree with much of it myself.

As someone who has never owned a new car... nor do I see myself owning a new
car anytime in the forseeable future... this suggestion simply FEELS like
elitism and exclusionism.  It feels that way, whether it is or not.  You
don't like me playing at your country club, make a rule that makes it near
impossible for me to do so.

My newest vehicle (and not the one I autocross) is a 1994 model and I've not
yet owned it for a year.  The car I currently autox (albeit not in stock
class) is a '68.  Only two years ago I was autocrossingin stock class (and
doing reasonably well locally) with an '86.

-STEFAN
http://www.at-speed.goof.com