Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 10 year Maximum Age for Stock Class (was Reclassing)
From: "Jim Mistick" <jimmistick@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 21:19:50 +0000
So the discussion is that if I spend a couple thousand dollars to restore my
1975 280Z to factory condition (like I'm planning) I'm not able to run in it
stock?  What is the reasoning behind that?  Who says I can't get replacement
parts for my car?  Has anyone checked around about the parts situation for
ALL cars over 10 years old?  Who benefits from this idea?  Has anyone
checked at the LOCAL level to see if this is a good proposal?

If you want to do this, then go all the way and say that cars 10 years old
and NEWER have to run in stock class.  They're so new and fresh from the
factory that they shouldn't need to have their shocks and bushings changed
out, right?

Some people appear to have more time and money than they should....

Jim Mistick
Operations Director
http://www.speednation.com
http://www.diecastx.com