Re: Video camera for autox?

To: woodym3@erols.com, marka@telerama.com
Subject: Re: Video camera for autox?
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:46:06 EDT
If the camera is not mounted totally solid, all the "gadgets" that the camera
has to offer makes no difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Its  got to be "Rock"
solid.   The stiffer the car
is the more important it becomes. I have developed a # of camera boxes over
the last
2 years(about 7, no lie, ask Bert Swift). The last one has a base plate that
is .156 thick aluminum, the sides and top are .093 thick. Its "TIG", Heli-Arc
welded. And secured to the roll hoop of the March S2000 using U-Bolts. Inside
the box I hot glued together convuluted foam to hold the camera. There is
nothing that mounts it securely in the box. It is allowed to "free float" .
This allows the box housing the camera to absorb the vibration generated by
the violent rpm changes of a CM car.

It Ain't perfect but it's pretty good.

Its good enough to bring home and show your wife how bad you sucked!
And gentlemen, isn't that the important thing!

Mike B. TLS#1
My thought for today!  "No knuckleDraggers"