Re: clutch fork question

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: clutch fork question
From: lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:47:29 -0500
Dick,
How much play should exist in the clutch shaft?  There is an almost
imperceptable "click" and a tiny unmeasurable amount of play in the fork when
the pin is inserted and the fork is moved back and forth. I'm thinking that
this shaft is OK.  Have you tried drilling another hole across the body of the
fork as suggested by Roger Williams?   Does this seem to be a good idea?  I
tried to rotate the pins on an old fork...I marred the finish with vice grips.
I'll try something softer.  How much play should exist in the bushings in the
bell housing? These feel pretty tight
Joe Davis