clutch fork question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch fork question
From: lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:02:30 -0500
Hi List,
I'm in the process of getting my tranny ready to install.   I pulled the pin
out of the fork and guess what...it was broken off!  No wonder the shifting was
so poor.  My question is...I have another shaft that does not look worn at all,
although I have nothing to compare to.  The hole that the pin goes in is
somewhat oblong along the long axis of the shaft.  Is this normal?  New shafts
are only $20.00.   Also, the fork pins that actuate the throw out bearing are
slightly flat.  How much wear is too much?  I've been unable to source out the
pins themselves (the fork is $40.00)  How do you press out the bushings in the
bell housing?  BTW, my credit card company felt that there was "too much
action" on my account.  They called my wife to OK some of the charges.  She was
not ammused
Joe Davis