Re: clutch fork question

To: ianp@nait.ab.ca
Subject: Re: clutch fork question
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:47:41 EST
I've considered  welding the fork to the shaft.  I too have heard that this
is not such a great thing to do.  I can't imagine why.  Obviously it would be
permanent, and the shaft would have to be removed with a hack saw.  I've
gotten pretty good at this lately.  Of the three trannys that I have in the
garage, ALL THREE had sheared off.  This makes it impossible to remove the
shaft/fork assembly without the saw treatment.  As shafts only cost around
$25.00, whats wrong with the weld job?  Any comments?
Joe Davis