Re: She no run...

To: mbullard <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: She no run...
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:07:28 -0800 (PST)
I had a very similar problem, which just "happened"
one day and wouldn't go away. The car started running
like crap, and then it would be barely start if at
all.

I went through all the usual ignition tests with no
luck.

The problem was the anti-run-on valve was stuck in the
on position. I was basically continually applying a
vacuum to float bowls, which was starving the carb of
gas.

I'd disconnect and plug all the lines associated with
the anti-run-on valve and see if that helps. In fact,
I disconnect and plug every line (except the fuel tank
evap stuff) going into or out of the carbon cannister,
just to elimate those variables.

Cheers and if this message repeats it's not my fault!

William
'74 TR6