need for boosters

To: TR6 list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: need for boosters
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:05:58 -0600
my '63 Healey 3000 w/ disc brakes doesn't have a booster, and isn't
difficult to stop -- especially when it's overheating at the side of the
roadway ...

I had a 1986 Mazda 323 with nonpower steering -- it was kind of a slow
steering ratio, so you had to do quite a bit of cranking when you parallel
parked, but the effort was reasonable, even with most of the car's weight on
the front wheels. Most of the second generation Turbo Mazda RX7's also had
manual steering, although that was pretty heavy because they kept the ratio
fast.

and I learned to drive on a 1967 Cougar with nonpower steering AND brakes
(drums all round, of course), plus three-speed manual transmission. Now
there was a car that took some work to drive ...

Graham