Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: "Steve Landuyt" <stl@adnc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:07:02 -0800
I am planning an off-the-frame restoration of a 1969 2000 (SU)
Roadster that I have had since the early '70's (I think I am the third
owner).  I drove my car for about 12 years and it has been in storage since.

There may be rarer and more sought-after Roadsters than the '69, but this
car is a particular friend and I had a great time driving it -- some
favorites were Saratoga to Santa Cruz  on Hwy 9,  Skyline,  280 (Hwy not
mph, although we did our best) top down in the early hours, and North on Hwy
1.

Apparently the fuse box I purchased on eBay recently generated some comment.
My cunning plan was to corner the fuse box market as a hedge against future
shortages of
critical parts.  (That's a joke.)  I received a number of very helpful
messages (that is no joke) one of which was from the gentleman who told me
know about this group.

I will be reading your correspondence with interest and I hope to be out on
the road before the 00's are over.  Any guidance on restoring a Roadster,
and particularly about getting started on a project,  will be most
appreciated.

Steve