Re: Gear Box Oil

To: IMPORT1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Gear Box Oil
From: clockmkr <clockmkr@internetcds.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:11:17 -0800

IMPORT1@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/25/99 12:04:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> qcimages@ix.netcom.com writes:
>
> << As I understand it you can put Synthetic oils in a item that ran standard
>  oil but you CAN NOT put regular oil into An item that ran Synthetic oil. I
>  was told the Synthetic oil bonds to the item and regular oil does not mix
>  well with this. >>
>
> One of those great urban myths! Well, not as famous as the Banshee lady,but
> thats another story. Yes you can mix either oil together......no,problems at
> all ........

 Yes, very true indeed. In fact those synthetic "Blends" are actually a mix of
synthetic and organic oils.

--
Scott Hilmoe
"clockmkr"

'67 - SPL311-07317
'67.5 - SPL311-012752
'68 - SRL311-04294 (I finally got a 2000! Now to get it roadworthy.)

"They that will sacrifice liberty in exchange for temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben.Franklin