Re: roll bar

To: "Matthew W Peterson" <pete-3@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: roll bar
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:42:09 -0800
Before you drill holes for the mounts, check that the rollbar will also
clear a hardtop. Mine barely clears the '70 with about 1/2 inch on either
side.

Calspeed showed me how he puts the softtop down around the rollbar, and it
works.  You grab the bottom below the rear window, and flip the window area
straight up and onto the roof of the softtop. Then fold both side window
areas up onto the roof. This prevents you from getting creases in the clear
plastic windows. Then you carefully collapse the softtop down behind the
rollbar, and tuck everything down snug. It helps the looks if you have the
compartment cover (the short tonneau cover).

Fred - So.SF
'66 1600
'68 2000
'70 1600