Re: Gear Box Oil

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear Box Oil
From: IMPORT1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:12:45 EST
In a message dated 2/25/99 12:04:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
qcimages@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< As I understand it you can put Synthetic oils in a item that ran standard
 oil but you CAN NOT put regular oil into An item that ran Synthetic oil. I
 was told the Synthetic oil bonds to the item and regular oil does not mix
 well with this. >>

One of those great urban myths! Well, not as famous as the Banshee lady,but
thats another story. Yes you can mix either oil together......no,problems at
all ........except for the obvious price increase(ouch) A decent syth oil goes
about 6 bucks a quart. Also,remember to check the label,several "synthetic
blend" oils out there. A little cheaper but not a "true" synth oil.
JS