Re: Safety

To: lwdent@fwi.com, JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Safety
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:09:09 EST
In a message dated 11/29/00 7:41:31 AM Pacific Standard Time, lwdent@fwi.com
writes:

> In vintage we need to protect our baloney!!!!

Always a good plan, Larry!

> Just as proof of the above statements, and where it will take you.  The
> SCCA, in its infinite wisdom, has just allowed alloy heads on Formula
> Fords cause the old heads are getting hard to get.  This means that
> every Formula Ford in the United States now has to buy an aluminum head
> if they wish to remain competitive.  Now that's real progress.

We see this today in vintage. One example are the Porsches. Now there have
been lots of 'cheater' Porkers out there, with much later and much larger
engines than were ever used in the cars in period (and for that matter it
seems like every 914 you see was some sort of prototype built _just_ before
the cut-off date).

But the powers that be have now _allowed_ the Porsches to run later larger
engines, ostensibly because the original 2 litre engines are no longer thick
on the ground. Poor babies!  Imagine the limits of my sympathy for them,
running as I do, a car for which they built only a couple of thousand
engines, most of which became landfill or doorstops decades ago.

Another slice off the baloney, I say ;-)

Bill Spohn