Re: Safety

To: lwdent@fwi.com
Subject: Re: Safety
From: CooperS66@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:56:42 EST
Larry:

I don't think it's fair to compare what has just transpired in the SCCA
relative to the aluminum heads in FF1600.  Have you spoken to Ivey, Farley,
Andersen, Loyning and the rest of the motor builders about the lack of good
quality heads?  Good quality heads are very hard to find and becoming harder
each and every day.  In fact, blocks and cranks are becoming valuable
commodities.  Without replacements parts being available, or a new motor
altogether, this class will become less and less desirable.

The move to include an aluminum head is a benefit to the class.  I race both
a FF1600 and a vintage mini cooper.  Parts are easier to get for the mini
than the ford.

tim webb
86 Crossle 60F FF1600
66 Cooper S