Re: But IS it a Vintage Racer? (was Eastlake)

To: Derek Harling <derek.lola@home.com>
Subject: Re: But IS it a Vintage Racer? (was Eastlake)
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 09:29:12 -0600
Derek Harling wrote:

> Gregory Nagy wrote:
>
> >      I am sure the answer varies from organization to organization, but what
> > constitutes a "vintage/historic" sports racing car?
>
> Let me barge in with a first answer.
>
> The are two extremes -
> 1 - on an absolute basis obviously it is NOT a vintage racer
> 2 - on the other hand there are some organizations who would accept it.
>
> In between those extremes there are a thousand different alternative opinions
> encompassing ALL organizations and, for that matter, individuals.

Hmmm.....this could get to be an interesting discussion, if we apply the
questions
to individuals. Forget about the autenticity of the car -- I vote for a minimum
age
for drivers -- like maybe a driver must have been of legal driving age for the
car
he's racing during the year of its manufacture.......

--

uncle jack

The Attorney General advises that vintage racing may be injurious to your
wealth.