But IS it a Vintage Racer? (was Eastlake)

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: But IS it a Vintage Racer? (was Eastlake)
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@home.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 08:05:17 -0500
Gregory Nagy wrote:

>      I am sure the answer varies from organization to organization, but what
> constitutes a "vintage/historic" sports racing car? Westfield 11s were built
> in the 80's, but are based pretty soundly on 50's/60's chassis technology, a
> 60's motor, and a bodyshape very close to a 50's/60's sports racer. It looks
> like a vintage racer, it drives like a vintage racer, but IS it a vintage
> racer?

Let me barge in with a first answer.

The are two extremes -
1 - on an absolute basis obviously it is NOT a vintage racer
2 - on the other hand there are some organizations who would accept it.

In between those extremes there are a thousand different alternative opinions
encompassing ALL organizations and, for that matter, individuals. You pays your
money . . . . . . .

Of course you could also debate it ad nausium - and some people enjoy that . . .
. . . .