Re: But IS it a Vintage Racer? (was Eastlake)

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: But IS it a Vintage Racer? (was Eastlake)
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:59:24 -0800
I hope this was written in jest. This is a somewhat absurd position to take.
This would mean that any car built in the 1950's or earlier would be driven
by somebody who is probably borderline for passing the physical!

People ask me if I built the Bourgeault Formula Junior. I have to tell them
you don't "build" a car like that, you only rebuild it. I'm quite proud of
the fact that I was only 5 or 6 years old when it was built. ;=)

I had a guy a few years younger than I am come up to me in the paddock and
tell me that when he was a kid, he used to sit in my car going "Vroom,
Vroom". He was tickled to death to see the car on the track again. That's
what it's all about. What it's all about is preserving the historic. What
it's all about is recreating the epic battles of history, but with less
bloodshed AND less scrap metal going to the crusher. If anybody can find a
problem with that opinion, I like to know about it.