Re: Value of the high stake

To: Tombread@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value of the high stake
From: David Laver <David.Laver@MSDW.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 15:31:37 +0000
The point is that you HAVE to be in beyond your means to make it
exciting for the spectators and to ensure you are going to be
restrained.  Don't want you going into the corner with a 50:50
attitude.  Want it to be a 98:2.

On a physical rather than financial level this was the appeal of VSCC in
the UK.  Pre-war cars with no roll cage => no contact.  Plenty of
overtaking as many races are handicapped with the fastest off last but
all done with respect.  Rather differant watching 750MC Hot Hatch or
some of the Caterham series.  They take risks I wouldn't in a 4 stroke
leisure kart...

David