Re: Reflections on a racing incident

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Reflections on a racing incident
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:15:29 -0500
As a former national steward and holder of a national comp license for many
years, I can confirm that in SCCA a waiving yellow means blockage on the racing
line, be prepared to stop, and a red flag can be used only on direction from the
chair.  Yellow flags are commonly disobeyed, and far too many "racers" don't
know
what they, or the other flags for that matter, tell them.  The flags and those
who display them are a real driver's best friend, but unfortunately too many
fail
to understand that they need to learn the rules and how to race.  I'm thankful
that no one was seriously hurt, but am saddened by the loss of a race car that
did not need to be destroyed.  John