Re: in-car cameras

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: in-car cameras
From: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:52:23 -0500
We just completed our first event using a new Sony 8mm (Hi8) camcorder with
"SteadyShot".  It's mounted to the IOPort roll bar mount inside our enclosed
TR-4.  I discovered after the race that the screw into the bottom of the camera
wasn't very tight.  Despite this, the tape was very clear.  It was much better
than with our older generation Sony 8mm without image stabilization.  Since it
was inside the car, wind noise wasn't a problem so the sound was decent too.
Not
completely ESPN quality, but quite acceptable.

- Tony Drews