Re: in-car cameras

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: in-car cameras
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:57:34 -0400
At 01:50 PM 5/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't know the first thing about in-car cameras but would like to put
one in our cars--a 51 MG-TD vintage races and an '88 MR2 club racer. I
think it would be a great learning tool. What sort of camera mount do I
need and who makes them? I have an ancient camcorder (late '80s); will it
work well enough or should I get a smaller modern one? Even with a good
camera mount, will the picture still shake? What else do I need to consider?

I don't know a lot about them either, except that I know that the
human head is one of the best auto-feedback stabilizing systems
that there is.  I think the ideal combination would be a small camera
(with video out) mounted to the top or side of the helmet (that way it
also follows whatever you are focusing on) and a separately mounted
recorder in a much better protected environment (I think the recorder
could be a cheap camera with video in capability)

Anyone know where I can get a small inexpensive video camera with
video/sound output?

Regards,  Nils