Re: in-car cameras

To: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com, vinttr4@geneseo.net,
Subject: Re: in-car cameras
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:18:26 EDT
In the early 70s I  mounted a super 8 movie camera to the roll bar of our E
Production MGB, with a remote flexcord trigger.  There was little vibration
and the picture was excellent, for a super 8.  We only had some 3.5 minutes
of film, which meant that at Elkhart Lake you got slightly less than one
complete lap: we would TRY to remember to start the camera at the last turn
on the pace lap.  Of course, there also was no sound, but I found the film
entertaining and even instructional, sometimes embarrassingly so.