Re: Vintage, sticking to Concours

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage, sticking to Concours
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:29:19 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Simon Favre wrote:

        OK I've got one too... Bill Dentinger The Beady Eye Racer hisself
        Replaces his steering wheel of his TR3 with bicycle handle bars,
        when in the paddock. The hand brake levers are labeled "OIL SLICK"
        and "TACKS". (He's also got a neat tow vehicle: a 1950 Chevy one ton
        panel truck painted BRG with a Triumph logo painted on the side).

> That's funny!  I've got one funnier.  Nick Manarello races a little Fiat
> Abarth Zagato locally.  When it's sitting in the paddock, sometimes he
> gets out this big wind-up key with suction cups and sticks it on the
> back of the car.  It's a riot.  It gives a new meaning to "keeping the
> motor wound up pretty tight."  ;=)
>

> > I don't know how Dave tows these days; I only see him in the paddock and
> > on track. But it sounds about right; after all, he has the coin slot
> > from a mechanical ride mounted on his dash: "Insert nickel to start ride".

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois