What's Vintage

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What's Vintage
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:33:53 -0500
Even though this thread is way too long, I've got to add to it --

Last weekend at Road America there were 500 competition cars, 50,000
spectators, and who knows how many tractor/trailer transporters?

When I drove into the paddock on the beautiful Friday morning with my
open trailer carrying my TR4, I was absolutely thrilled to be part of it
all.

I must say, I enjoyed it all -- the cars with history, the cars without
history, and even the phony cars. I'm intelligent enough to know the
difference between all of those. Apparently there are lots of people who
share that enjoyment -- why else would 50,000 people pay $35 to watch
cars who are not racing for money, trophies, or points -- but just want
the thrill of seeing this wonderful stuff?