Re: Vintage, sticking to Concours

To: hayes@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Vintage, sticking to Concours
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:13:39 PDT
Jim Hayes wrote:

>Well, I once suggested banning transporters from vintage races!
>
>NO, NO, NO, NO! I didn't mean it! I'm just joking. Please no flaming. My
>comment about cars having a race history was said "tongue in cheek" and
>never meant to elicit the snarling responses - but I gotta admit the
>idea of drivers with history is pretty good. NO, NO, NO, NO! I didn't
>mean it! I'm just joking!

;=) Yuk, yuk, yuk.  Actually there IS a series for former drivers:
The USRRC Seniors Tour sponsored by Victory Lane. I thought this was
specifically for drivers that once took part in the original USRRC.
The local SFR SCCA Vintage events give them one run group.

>Is internet humor an oxymoron?

No, but to paraphrase an even older joke, the Internet is like a sewer.
What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.