What is vintage?

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What is vintage?
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 00:27:20 -0400 (EDT)
The point has been made that, if we don't care if we are mid-pack racers, we
should not care if the cars ahead of us are cheating as long as we are having
a good race where we are. I think the fallacy here is that many of us are
happy to finish in the middle/back of the pack so long as the other cars are
playing by the same rules. I don't mind being beaten by another legal vintage
racer, but something in me revolts against being beaten by a cheater. It's
like being beaten in a golf game by Tiger Woods (no shame), or a guy who lied
about his score.
Harold Pace