Re: What is Vintage?

To: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 08:59:01 -0400
I disagree.  The purpose of vintage racing (in MY humble opinion) is to BOTH
preserve old race cars, AND to recreate the era of vintage racing.  So
purpose built race cars should have been purpose built then, so to speak (no
modern replicas of Loti, is what I mean) and since just about any period
production car could race pretty much by just showing up, then any period
production car should be allowed to race now.  That's a philosophical
argument that ignores dollars and exclusivity, but is how I feel the matter
sits.

I guess Mike Rosen is right, I do have an opinion on just about everything;)

Brian Evans