Re: Rolling Spitfire

To: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Rolling Spitfire
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:34:31 -0400
Mr. Moore:
Your post has not changed my opinion. The fact that you have apparently
produced a modern-day SCCA racer cloaked in the guise of a vintage car
does not change the point. You belong in a more competitive venue with
all your self-described talents, where you can cheerfully boast of FOUR
rollovers and that you lived through them. Some accomplishment! You
would not be welcome in VSCCA with that attitude, but there are places
for you to race. I am sure your car is very nice, and I certainly hope
you come to no harm. By the way, since you think I am some uninformed
newcomer to vintage, and, of course, an opinionated female, I can tell
you that I began working on sports cars in 1970 (on British cars as well
as mostly Alfas - before that tractors and American cars), I have
attended and worked at hundreds of races since then (27 years), joined
VSCCA in 1982, worked as a VSCCA tech inspector, also I've been running
a licensed repair shop since 1979, preparing vintage race cars, also
owned over 250 Alfas, also vintage raced myself since 1984, also crewed
(over the wall) for an IMSA team 1986-88, also prepared SCCA cars and
crewed for them. Besides all this I am actively involved in research and
writing for a major vintage racing publication, and have a doctorate.
Well, I don't usually like to display my resume, but you asked for it.
Another idiot female, I guess. Have a nice day.
Susan