Re: Rolling Spitfire

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rolling Spitfire
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 22:58:54 -0700
Following on from Roger Garnetts suggestion of a mods database, simpler
still and I think quite useful would be to have a web database where
owners could report failures of standard components.  This would alert
owners to have historically weak components crack tested regularly.

In that vein, has anyone heard of MGB front ends breaking in any type of
racing?
Comments on strength of rear ends would also be handy, I have been led
to believe these bits are bomb proof.

I think thes discussions have alerted many drivers to the risk levels
and has certainly made me pay more attention to safety improvements I
should adopt.
Perhaps Victory Lane could find someone to write a regular column on
"incident analysis".  I can think of many negative reasons not to
publish in a magazine engaged in promoting the sport, however I think we
all could learn something useful from details of track incidents.
Malcolm Cox Napa CA