Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, mmarr@notwires.com, DLylis@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:03:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/2007 8:55:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
ZoboHerald@aol.com writes:
> You are correct, sir! :-) This is one of those TS60001 and later
> changes...not necessarily for the better in this instance. They are
> screws on the later cars. I fear the best course would be to carefully
> drill to remove the head of the screw, then remove the stanchion and
> THEN try to remove the rest of the screw.

Once again S-T "improved" something without notifying me.

On the other hand the Dzus blocks on the early models can be equally
difficult to remove - which they must be before going into the dip tank if you
wish to
ever see them again.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org