Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: mmarr@notwires.com, Dave1massey@cs.com, DLylis@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:55:03 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Marr <mmarr@notwires.com>

Y'know, I have only removed the windshield stanchions from my 1960 3A
once,
but it seesm to me that they were, indeed, secured with machine screws,
thus
implying that their are captive nuts under the sheet metal.  I have
this
vague recollection that the earlier TRs used Dzus fasteners, but that
later
cars had screws.  Maybe this change occurred when the other minor body
changes (mine has the later hood, for example) took place.  But, as
always,
I may be dreaming this.

==AM==
You are correct, sir! :-) This is one of those TS60001 and later
changes...not necessarily for the better in this instance. They are
screws on the later cars. I fear the best course would be to carefully
drill to remove the head of the screw, then remove the stanchion and
THEN try to remove the rest of the screw.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
from AOL at AOL.com.

===     http://www.vtr.org