Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: "Allan Reich" <areich@telus.net>, <Dave1massey@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:40:10 -0500
Allan Reich said:

> Dave:
> There was a change between 1958 and 1960 .. my 58 had Dzus but my 60 has
> Screws. The dzus had a block underneath that the windshield slid onto
> before fastening but the Screw Type just go straight into threads in the
> body itself .
> I liked the Dzus .. great for quick removal that could be easily done by
> one person without scratching the paint ... not sure why they changed

My impression was that the Dzus fasteners were used so that the screen could
be removed easily and replaced with Aero screens.  In fact, according to my
official shop manual, TR2s came with the mounting holes for the aero screen
already in place, and they were plugged with chromed bolts.  Apparently, the
aero-screens were designed so that you could then replace the windscreen
with the aero screens in place.

Mike

===     http://www.vtr.org