RE: [TR] fan eliminator kit--installing without removing

To: "'Mitch R. Meisler'" <mrm@clking.com>, "'Triumph List'"
Subject: RE: [TR] fan eliminator kit--installing without removing
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:39:20 -0400
Mitch,
Having just gone through this installation but with the radiator out, I'd
recommend pulling the radiator so you can see exactly what you're doing. The
only thing critical to this installation (other then torqueing it correctly)
is making sure the milled piece fits flush. You know how the back of the
eliminator has the indents to fits over the 2 tabs on the engine side. There
was a guy in the 6-Pack Forum who was complaining of a terrible vibration
after installing the kit and it turned out he didn't have it on flush.

What I found really interesting with the eliminator kit is how infrequently
my fan actually runs. I have a dash light that comes on when the fan is
running and even with my driving being 99% around town, it really only runs
for a short cooling burst when I'm stuck in traffic. I guess there really
isn't a need for a mechanical fan running 100% of the time and sucking up
some engine power.

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U