Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: DLylis@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:38:59 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/2007 6:35:09 AM Central Daylight Time, DLylis@aol.com
writes:
> I am trying to remove the windscreen stanchions on my 60 3A.  First  issue
> is
> that the large slotted head machine screws (?) are frozen.  I  think there
> is
> little advice that the list can offer in that regard other than  cursing and
>
> PB Blaster.  I have managed to free one of them but it just  turns in place
> and does not come out.  What am I to expect here?  Are  these Dzus fasteners
> on
> a 60, or are they machine screws?  Is  there any way that these can be
> accessed from the inside?  Eventually  I am going to disassemble the car for
> body
> work, but I am preparing myself for  the ugly parts now.
> TIA

Yes, they are Dzus fasteners and will not come out.  They are captive to the
windshield frame.  The mating part of the fastener is attached to an aluminum
block that is attached to the sheetmetal so they are not accessible from the
inside.  Alas.  You best bet is lots of Blaster and a BIG screwdriver.

And Patience.

Good luck

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org