Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:16:14 +0100
My experience with Dzus; I had one which spread when I forced it on,
it was then the devil itself to remove. Randall is correct (now
there's a surprise) there is access from behind all be it difficult,
just enough to spray it with something. An interesting fact on this
subject, the screen posts vary very slightly between Dzus and screw,
the latter has the forward mounting hole (the one nearer the front of
the car) with less of a recess than the rear, where as those on the
Dzus both have concave holes. This proved to be the problem I had
because it turned out I had the later posts with Dzus fasteners.
John
1954 TR2

===     http://www.vtr.org