RE: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?

To: "'Lanoway, Brian'" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>, "'Triumphs
Subject: RE: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:02:33 -0700
> Someone suggested that I might
> want to consider installing heavy duty rear springs just for
> trips like this, and then revert to the stock springs for
> normal driving.  Has anyone got any suggestions here to keep
> the rear of my TR6 off the ground when it's heavily loaded
> like this?

No crazier than having to change springs every time : You might try
contacting these people with the TR6 spring dimensions and see if they make
something that would fit :
http://www.airliftcompany.com

I just put a set of them on my "LBC support vehicle", and they work very
well.  At max inflation they just about held the car level with probably 500
pounds on the trailer hitch and another 500 pounds in the rear compartment.
YOu could only tell the car was overloaded by looking at the bulging tires.
Installed easy too; didn't have to disassemble the car at all.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org