[TR] better road trips in my TR6?

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?
From: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:47:33 -0500
I've just returned from the Vintage Car Rendezvous at Grand Rapids, Mn most
ably hosted by the Minnesota Jaguar Club.  It truly was a magnificent setting
at Ruttger's Sugar Lake Lodge with a wide range of interesting cars - and more
than a few lovely Jaguars - showing up from the US and Canada.

One of the problems with my road trip was after placing two 200# plus
occupants in the car, plus a full tank of gas, plus a trunk full of luggage,
my TR6 tends to drag its butt down the road, frequently scraping its
lower-than-stock Ansa exhaust system along the way.  Someone suggested that I
might want to consider installing heavy duty rear springs just for trips like
this, and then revert to the stock springs for normal driving.  Has anyone got
any suggestions here to keep the rear of my TR6 off the ground when it's
heavily loaded like this?  Are there any springs from a particular vendor that
you would recommend - or other solutions?  By the way, my rear suspension was
just rebuilt with all new stock components - so it was in good but standard
shape before the trip.

Also, we had the good fortune of travelling through several monsoon-type
rainstorms.  My TR6 was dry inside for the most part, other than the
significant drips from the interior sun visor mounts (which, of course, drips
right onto your crotch area - I was thinking about wearing Depends; inside out
of course).  All the TR6's in our 10 car convoy had this problem.  Does anyone
know how to stop or fix this leak?

Other than that, the TR ran perfectly through 1200 miles of travel, tours and
rallies.

Thanks in advance for any help that the List can offer on these two problems.

Cheers,
Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6
Winnipeg