Re: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:29:23 EDT
> Also, we had the good fortune of travelling through several monsoon-type
> rainstorms.  My TR6 was dry inside for the most part, other than the
> significant drips from the interior sun visor mounts (which, of course,
> drips right onto your crotch area - I was thinking about wearing Depends;
> inside out of course).  All the TR6's in our 10 car convoy had this problem.
> Does anyone know how to stop or fix this leak?

I solved this problem on my by removing the aluminum trim on the tip of the
windshield frame, scraping away all the old, dried up "Dum Dum" and applying a
fresh application of "Dum Dum (R)" and re-riveting the aluminum trim piece
down.

The water can find its way between the trim and the frame and then into the
channel of the frame and then it will come out via the sun visor holes.  The
Dum Dum (or window putty if you like) should be applied to stop the water
before
it reaches any access to the frame channel.

Cheers

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO

===     http://www.vtr.org