Re: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>, "Triumphs Digest"
Subject: Re: [TR] better road trips in my TR6?
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:02:50 -0400
At 10:47 AM -0500 6/18/07, Lanoway, Brian wrote:
>  Has anyone got
>any suggestions here to keep the rear of my TR6 off the ground when it's
>heavily loaded like this?  Are there any springs from a particular vendor that
>you would recommend - or other solutions?

A number of years ago I had the same problem with my car. I installed
the "rally grade" springs from TRF. They are the stock free length,
but of a heavier wire. As such, they will raise your car a bit.  My
car sits perhaps 1/2" taller than stock now, but that's fine with me.
I no longer have any worries of the suspension bottoming out on rough
roads or with a full load of personnel and gear. Something to
consider. Do not install these springs on the rear by themselves, as
you'll experience profound oversteer.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
Middlebury Center, PA (visit our new location!)

===     http://www.vtr.org