overdrive lube

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: overdrive lube
From: "Thomas Note" <tom623@glinenet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:00:18 -0500
Hi folks:
I was reading some of the topics on the Quantum Mechanics website, and saw
that John Esposito recommends using non-detergent 30W oil in the OD and
gearbox rather than the TR-specified 90W hypoid gear oil.
His arguments sound convincing, and since a couple of listers yesterday
recommended him highly, I thought I'd make the changeover. Has anyone done
this, or have any opinions on its merits?
His website is  www.quantumechanics.com .

I'm new to this list. I used to own a '64 TR4, but now I'm doing all the
maintenance for my daughter's recently acquired '76 TR6.

Thanks for any advice,

Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org