RE: Blown Lucas fuses

To: <Percybal@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Blown Lucas fuses
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:01:18 -0700
> Now Randall, you shouldn't complain....after all, your Stag is
> probably over 25 years old and running.

Actually, it's over 30 years old, being such an early model that, according
to James Taylor's Original Triumph Stag, it doesn't exist!  And it does run
fairly well (or will, as soon as I go out and finish doing an oil change
<g>).  But the largest portion of my problems so far have been electrical.
When I bought it, the alternator, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals,
electric windows and windshield wipers all didn't work.  Oh, and the
cigarette lighter still doesn't work <g>

> I have not stood in front of or worked on a Stag for many
> years, but I do remember when consulting the repair manual
> about a repair operation it always seemed to begin with
> something to the effect of "remove the exhaust system" or something
> of that order to complete the repair. Not an easy car to conduct
> repairs.

My favorite at the moment is having to drop the sway bar to get the
alternator off.

> P.S. The Yugo came after the Stag. PB

Only by a little.  The Yugo GV was basically a Fiat 127 with some sheet
metal changes, and ISTR the Fiat 127 was introduced in 1971.  But with the
Stag selling for twice the price of the Yugo (even without accounting for
inflation), there should be no comparison in quality!

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (currently sidelined for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly