Re: Blown Lucas fuses

To: herald1200@comcast.net, ggelhar@gosignup.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blown Lucas fuses
From: Percybal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 22:01:13 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/2003 5:34:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
herald1200@comcast.net writes:

> > I ask this in the remote chance that anyone else has had any Lucas
> > electrical problems.
>
> Please, Greg- The doctor has advised me never to laugh this hard or long-
> says I could do myself an injury...
> Scott

 Really? I think the electrical components provided by Lucas
 which are found in many LBC's are of good quality and perfectly
 fine. Like all components in cars of this era, they need to be
 attended to. I would bet that 95% of the complaints made
 about Lucas equipment can usually be traced back to owners
 who improperly maintain grounds or have hacked their system
 to compensate for poor grounds.

 Percy Ballentine
 (once again out of lurk mode)