RE: TR3A brake replacements?

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A brake replacements?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 14:33:17 -0700
Cc: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> My car is undergoing several upgrades and changes.  It will probably be
> on stands for most of the driving season.  While it is in the air the
> idea occurred that I might find lighter weight front brake calipers for
> the TR3A.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for calipers that would be a bolt up
> replacement?

The later TR4 calipers are substantially lighter, but I believe you'll need
to change the mounting bracket and the brake rotor as well.

However, given how well my TR3A brakes work, and how everyone seems to want
to upgrade the later brakes, I'm sticking with the stock setup except for
bigger pistons in the rear.

Randall